We’re hiring an ambitious Talent Manager to help us build one of the most exciting startup teams in the world
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place. Most guys want to look good but don't particularly enjoy shopping, so we believe if we get this right we can create the new default for how hundreds of millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
Given our extraordinary ambitions, it’s essential that we build an amazing team who can help us get there. At Thread, we understand and value the effort required to do this. We believe in researching excellence and having a thorough understanding of the market for any role we recruit for. We don’t just sift through inbound applications; we actively seek out those who we believe to be exceptional at what they do, and make hiring decisions based on our understanding of the market as a whole. Though it’s time intensive, it allows us to build what we believe to be one of the most productive teams in the country.
We’ll be growing quickly over the coming years, and we’re expanding our Talent team to help us get there. We’re looking for a Talent Manager to work closely with our CTO and Head of Applied Research on building our engineering and data science teams. Your core focus will be to build pipelines for our open technical roles, allowing us to hire more amazing people faster. We are looking for someone versatile, creative and driven, who understands that building a great technical team is about long-term effort and relationships.
You will report to our Head of Talent, and be based in our East London headquarters.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Proactively sourcing some of the most exciting technical candidates in the world. You will map the market, research leads, and send compelling outreach emails
- Having initial calls and coffees with our most exciting prospects, and getting them excited about Thread
- Working with our engineering, data science and product teams to generate referrals
- Staying at the forefront of new sourcing strategies and tools
- Attending meetings with hiring managers to understand the role and the hiring spec, and brainstorm sourcing strategies
- Tracking pipeline activity and keeping our ATS up-to-date
- Seeking out communities that could help us diversify our pipelines and find new opportunities for sponsoring and speaking at events
- Placing job ads on external job boards and monitoring application quality
- Filtering inbound applications from all sources
- Attending job fairs and networking events
- Scheduling interviews and assisting with ad hoc recruiting and HR projects
Are you the one? You are, if you:
- Have previously worked in-house at a technology company
- Are a great communicator. You love to talk to people, and you put a lot of care into your outbound touch points
- Love the hunt. You get a rush of adrenaline when you find a list of coding competition winners or a well-hidden email address
- Have a learning mindset. You believe there are always new sourcing strategies to try, and are excited to develop your recruiting skill set
- Are organised and methodical. Your research is streamlined and all your interactions are documented
- Care deeply about providing a wonderful candidate experience
- Are warm, authentic and trustworthy
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skillset
- You’ll get to work with and learn from incredibly high calibre hiring managers. For instance, Melissa Trahan (Head of Talent) was an early member of the recruiting team at Facebook; Ed Snelson (Head of Data Science) worked on some of the hardest machine learning challenges at Bing; Billy Sweeney (Head of Design) was the design lead for some of Squarespace’s most impactful branding projects
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches four times a week, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, monthly company trips to fun things like comedy shows, choose your own work equipment, unlimited vacation time
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
If this sounds exciting and you’d like to learn more, please get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Thread.