We're looking for a full-time Talent Coordinator to help us create an amazing work environment and incredible experiences for our candidates and employees.
At Thread, we're helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place. Most guys want to look good but don't particularly enjoy shopping, so we believe if we get this right we can create the new default for how hundreds of millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
Changing the way the retail industry works is quite ambitious, but we're equally ambitious when it comes to creating an amazing place to work. We believe that our success hinges on hiring smart, dynamic individuals, and we invest heavily in building a high quality recruiting process for finding them. Once they join, we give our team an inviting, productive environment that energises them and aligns with our values. From the equipment we provide to the energy radiating throughout the office, every detail matters when creating a place where people can do their best work.
We're looking for a Talent Coordinator to help us build our team by creating wonderful candidate experiences and assisting on mission critical projects for our Talent team. From scheduling onsite interviews to owning every detail of new hire onboarding, your work will underpin our ability to hire and nurture a team that's so good we'll feel lucky to be part of it.
Beyond that, you will take ownership of our office and make it an amazing place to work and visit. The positive impact of your work will affect every single member of our team, and help convince potential candidates to join us. We see you as a multiplier - by using your emotional intelligence and organisational skills, you will amplify the happiness and effectiveness of those around you.
This role will be based in our Aldgate headquarters and report to our Head of Talent.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling onsite interviews for candidates and helping to provide them with a world-class experience when they are in our office
- Coordinating the details for new hire onboarding and making sure your new teammates have a wonderful first few weeks at Thread
- Helping to refine the mechanics of our recruiting process
- Warmly welcoming candidates, investors and visitors to the office
- Handling day-to-day office administration and managing external relationships with our vendors and neighbours
- Making sure our office is well-stocked, well laid-out, tidy and beautiful
- Coordinating lunch for the team three days a week. We love our food!
- Event planning for full team outings like our Christmas party or biannual offsite where we talk about how to work better together
- Assisting with ad hoc projects for the CEO and Talent team
Are you the one? You are, if you:
- Are warm and friendly, and naturally prefer working in team environments
- Get a kick from organising a cupboard or making a prioritised to-do list
- Are thoughtful and considerate, always looking out for how to create optimal experiences for those around you
- Always strive to make your work and your environment better than it was before
- Like staying organised and multi-tasking, and approach your work with speed and efficiency
- Obsess over details, and go out of your way to put the final touch on your projects
- Are a strong communicator, and are equally effective face-to-face or in writing
- Are extremely reliable and take the initiative — you deal with things before being asked because you love making things better
- Have previous experience in recruiting coordination, office management, or event planning
- Would like to build your career in the Talent space
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set. You will get to learn from some of London’s best recruiters, including Melissa Trahan (early Facebook recruiter and former Head of Talent at Passion Capital), Katy Flynn (former Engineering Recruiter at Google) and Lucy Shilling (former Associate at The Up Group, one of London’s premier headhunting firms)
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Free team lunches four times a week, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, monthly company trips to fun things like comedy shows, choose your own work equipment, unlimited vacation time
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to discuss some more, please apply below.