We’re looking for a highly organised Ops Assistant to join our team and help provide an incredible post-purchase experience to our users.
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place.
Making it easy to dress well - and building a business around it - requires operational excellence. Our goal is to create a seamless end-to-end experience, from discovering the perfect item to having it delivered quickly and easily to a place of your choice. Our Operations team is critical to this goal, focused on providing our users with an amazing post-purchase experience. We’re looking for an outstanding Ops Assistant with strong administrative skills to help us continue to improve.
You will be an important part of this small, dynamic and friendly team. Your role will be fast paced and varied but you’ll execute tasks in a way that makes things seem effortless for our users. If you are highly organised, fast paced, reliable, resilient and keen, this role could be for you.
Office hours would be Monday–Friday, 10–6pm. You will primarily work from the Thread main office in Whitechapel but would also work from our Hackney Wick warehouse 1–2 days a week.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Helping create an efficient order cycle, from liaising with suppliers and ordering goods to customer delivery
- Handling day-to-day escalations from our support or fulfilment teams
- Identifying and chasing delayed orders from our partners
- Working with suppliers to solve issues. Taking ownership and escalating through the appropriate channels to resolve them
- Building relationships with our suppliers and making sure we’re receiving a quick and seamless service from them
- Reconciling of transactions and orders
Our ideal candidate will:
- Possess a collaborative “whatever it takes” attitude; be someone who won’t give up until a problem is fixed and who’s not afraid to push and lead others to a resolution
- Excel at finding ways to get around a problem; at times you won’t have the answer you need straight away and will need to think on your feet
- Love change - we’re growing fast and that means what worked for us last month often won’t work for us next month. We’re continuously changing and improving the way we work
- Be driven by metrics and goals and be fully committed to achieving our targets
- Have superb attention to detail; nothing gets past you. We order from over 50 suppliers multiple times a day and need someone who takes the time to place each order with care and precision
- Constantly think about how we can improve our processes; never be satisfied with a process that isn’t perfect
- Have excellent organisational skills. You make great notes and leave a clear path for others to follow
- Have a low ego and be adaptable to change. Every day brings a new set of problems to solve and questions to be answered. We need someone who will take the rough with the smooth and work at 100% in all situations
- Be reliable to your core. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable
- Be exceptional at communicating professionally and effectively over the phone and email
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core member of a high-profile startup
- We've been slowly hand-picking an all-star team, so you'll get to work with incredibly high calibre colleagues across a wide range of disciplines such as styling, fashion buying, data science and marketing
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for technology startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Catered lunch, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, monthly social events, unlimited vacation time
- Being part of a company where you will get to help set and shape the company culture in a big way
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
If this sounds exciting and you’d like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Thread.