Head of Fulfilment
We’re hiring a Head of Fulfilment to lead our fulfilment team and drive continuous improvement in our physical operations.
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place.
Making it easy to dress well - and building a business around it - requires operational excellence. Our goal is to create a seamless end to end experience, from discovering the perfect item to having it delivered quickly and easily to a place of your choice. Thread’s unique just-in-time model allows us to offer over 250,000 unique SKUs from over 400 brands, one of the largest menswear assortments available anywhere. Our operations team is responsible for not only fulfilling orders, but also for driving continuous improvement in speed, quality and cost, exploring new delivery options and supporting Thread’s rapid growth (~200% year on year).
We’re looking for a Head of Fulfilment to lead our fulfilment team and play a key role in scaling our operations. This role will report to our Head of Operations, and your time will be split between our headquarters in Whitechapel and our warehouse in Hackney Wick.
As our Head of Fulfilment, you’ll manage our 40+ person fulfilment team, helping them to deliver an amazing post-purchase experience to our users. Thread’s fulfilment team is responsible for:
- Working with our brand partners to fulfil just-in-time orders
- Consolidating goods from multiple suppliers and shipping them to our customers
- Building on our new consignment and private label models where we hold stock from a growing number of brands
- Creating a seamless returns process
- Sourcing supplies (e.g. packaging) and managing relationships with our delivery partners
Beyond leading the team, your primary responsibility will be to design and optimise the processes that allow us to receive, process and deliver orders. This includes:
- Managing the transition from a just-in-time model to one where we fulfil a large proportion of orders from consignment stock
- Increasing the team’s productivity through process design, leadership, incentives and new technology
- Developing systems which can cope with spikes in volume and proactively anticipate problems so that we can always provide fast, reliable service
- Product managing our bespoke order management systems, working with our engineering team to continually evolve them
Are you the one? You are, if you
- Have 3-5 years experience in an operational role
- Have strong people management skills and are able to motivate a team
- Can effectively prioritise a large number of competing priorities
- Are able to break down a process to analyse and improve it
- Are confident negotiating with third parties
- Have a strong analytical skill set and understand how to employ it in order to drive process improvements
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- We've been slowly hand-picking an all-star team, so you'll get to work with incredibly high calibre colleagues
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skillset
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for technology startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Catered lunch when you’re at the headquarters, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, monthly social events, unlimited vacation time
- Being part of a company where you will get to help set and shape the company culture in a big way
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
If this sounds exciting and you’d like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Thread.