Freelance Messaging Assistant
Thread is looking to expand its highly talented team of Freelance Messaging Assistants. Your role will be key to supporting our in-house team of stylists and essential to giving the best user experience possible.
Our mission here at Thread is to unlock happiness and confidence in men by making it easy to dress well. We do this by using a combination of human stylists and sophisticated machine learning algorithms to recommend the perfect items just for them.
Currently our freelance team is made up of experienced personal and editorial stylists, many of whom are prominent names in the fashion industry. As part of the freelance team you will answer client messages and hand-pick key pieces to create looks from a choice of thousands of brands - each look is personalised to each client.
Key responsibilities are:
- Represent Thread as one of our talented team of Freelance Stylists
- Answer client messages efficiently and eloquently
- Create outfits and clothing recommendations for clients based on their preferences
- Make adjustments to client profiles where necessary
- Decide your own schedule
- Work from home
- Develop even stronger menswear knowledge from our inventory of thousands of brands
- Gain first-hand experience at a fast-growing fashion and technology startup
- Develop experience and understanding of how fashion is evolving online
Requirements for this role:
- Excellent writing skills, can structure messages clearly and in a manner that delivers a premium service.
- Can demonstrate empathy and emotional intelligence when communicating with clients.
- A perfectionist approach to spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Impeccable taste with an instinctive eye for what ‘quality’ means.
- Ability to work at speed but with precision and not compromising the quality of the message.
- Excellent menswear knowledge, including brand awareness, trend awareness, and an understanding of fashion design
- Can successfully manage own workflow - Incredibly organised and reliable.
- Ability to adapt to regular updates and changes, and respond productively to feedback
- Available for at least 8 hours each week
This is a freelance position. After a training session with the Thread Stylists, you would be required to work from home, but with regular contact with the inhouse team. Payment is calculated on a per-client basis and is therefore dependent on speed, however the typical rate equates to around £10 - £12 an hour. We are looking for people who can commit to a minimum of 8 hours per week, but are open to taking on people who want to take on more hours than this. Freelance Assistant Stylists are free to organise their schedule as they wish, fitting this job flexibly around other freelance commitments.
If this sounds exciting and you’d like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Thread.