At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store. A store where everything suits you, fits you and works with what you already own. A store that gives you confidence in the choices you are making, inspires you to step out of your comfort zone, and helps you feel your best every time you get dressed.
Over 1 million people (and counting!) use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop. There’s a $10bn+ opportunity globally to build the Spotify of retail, and we’re leading the way.
We’re looking to hire a full-time copywriter who can help to engage and inspire our customers through personalised style advice and copy. They’ll oversee our outfit recommendations copy, known internally as edits copy – helping to push our tone of voice, level up our style advice, and identify areas to deliver even more value to our customers. This person will manage contributing writers, serve as the content point person on the edits production team, and contribute to writing copy where needed.
They will also serve as the dedicated CRM and Paid Social copywriter, attending all brainstorming meetings and becoming an expert on best practices. They’ll sit on the content team, as part of the larger brand team, and work cross-functionally with the performance marketing team, the CRM team, and the edits production team. They’ll report into our Content Lead, Allison Pavlick.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee the outfit recommendations copywriting, as well as edit and schedule freelancers
- Contribute to writing copy
- Oversee all paid social copy across menswear and womenswear; attend paid social sprints and contribute ideas
- Write all CRM copy; attend all email meetings and become a CRM copy expert
- Report on content newsletter metrics
- Oversee ad-hoc, short-form copy tasks (e.g. About the Brand copy)
What we're looking for:
- > 3 years of fashion copywriting experience at a brand with a distinctive tone of voice
- Experience editing other writers’ work (can be their peers)
- Email copywriting experience and insights into best practices
- Paid social copywriting experience and insights into best practices
- Exceptional eye for grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Desire to work for a fast-paced startup
- Demonstrated ability in creative writing
- Strong cross-collaborative skills
- Ability to proactively prioritise, manage, and complete multiple projects within time constraints and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Strong communications skills and ability to work effectively across teams
Why choose us?
- Opportunity to become recognised as one of the leaders in your field through playing a key role in the future growth of a high-profile startup
- Be part of a values-led team that is working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck.
- Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment with lots of autonomy and independence
- We’re looking for people who want to help shape the broader company and culture. Being part of the Thread team is an interactive experience – we all help to evolve the culture.
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you’re working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
- Staff discount
- Flexible benefits platform where you can choose your own perks!