At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store.
Our vision is to send our users personalised, helpful, and beautiful communications which deliver fresh new style ideas and advice right into their inbox. We’re looking for an experienced CRM Lead to own and shape this vision, and to develop our strategy and plan for building towards it. You’ll own the trading performance of our CRM channels, test and develop new emails and notifications, own our schedule of newsletter and promo emails, and own CRM platform decisions.
You’ll lead our cross-functional CRM team, working directly with engineers and an Email Designer. You’ll continually run user research and analysis to uncover the biggest opportunities, decide the team’s priorities, and drive the testing and development of new emails and notifications. You also won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. Initially you’ll be the sole CRM manager on the team, reporting into our Head of Product, so you’ll get stuck in sending newsletter emails and running tests from day one.
- Shape the vision and long-term strategy for the email and notifications experience for Thread users
- Work directly with the engineering team to expand our CRM programme
- Innovate and push the boundaries of how we speak to customers. For example, experimenting with new channels or exploring machine learning-led optimisations
- Test and develop our audience strategy, optimising flows for different segments
- Experiment with and optimise the content, targeting, and send times of our messaging
- Be the company-wide expert on email deliverability and inbox placement, and optimise this with your team
- Do relentless user research and data analysis to drive qualitative and quantitative insights
- Help us strengthen our values driven culture.
What experience and skills will help you excel in this role?
- Extensive CRM experience in B2C businesses
- Experience developing and executing a CRM strategy
- Experience of implementing, migrating, and/or iterating ESP data integrations
- Ideally you will have worked with Product and Tech teams
- Clear and confident communicator
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong analytical skills
- An eye for design