At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store.
A store where everything suits you, fits you and works with what you already own. A store that gives you confidence in the choices you are making, inspires you to step out of your comfort zone and helps you feel your best every time they get dressed.
Over 1 million people and counting use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop. There’s a $10bn+ opportunity globally to build the Spotify of retail, and we’re leading the way.
About the role
We’re super excited to be hiring for a Creative Lead to cover maternity leave!
You will work alongside our marketing team, content lead, production team and head of brand to help oversee all creative execution across both menswear and womenswear. This role will include art direction of photo and film shoots as well as overseeing the work of our small team of designers, filmmakers and stylists across content and advertising projects. This role will report into our Head of Brand and also work as part of our wider marketing and content teams. As a company growing quickly and a team of highly motivated talent, we are on the lookout for someone who is able to hit the ground running fast. They should be hungry to get their hands dirty and get stuck in with making Thread a big success.
What we're looking for:
- Strong designer and great styling taste—should have finger on the pulse with all visual and cultural movements and trends
- Excellent art directional skills— should be able to set the creative direction across both womenswear and menswear shoots, keeping our brand tone and principles front of mind. Should be vocal and present on shoots to help guide the production team to reach the desired executions.
- Great team leadership skills— will need to hit the ground running quickly and be reactive and supportive of the growing team. Should be able to inspire our creatives and keep momentum and quality of output high during all stages of production and development
- High competence using other Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Decent knowledge of digital design software (Preferably Figma, but Adobe UX of InVision or similar should be transferable with some studying)
- A strong communicator who is passionate about all things user experience. You should feel comfortable sharing work and results with the wider company and should be proactive in doing so.
- A highly organised person who has natural project and time management ability.