We’re looking for an exceptional analytical marketer to join our paid social team as we look to scale up globally.
Thread is an ambitious fashion tech startup based in London that's looking to change the future of shopping through a combination of machine learning and human stylists, providing each of our users with a personalised store and ideas tailored to their size, style and budget. Most people want to look good but don't particularly enjoy shopping, so we believe if we get this right we can create the new default for how billions of people across the world buy their clothes.
We are looking for either a highly analytical paid social marketer, or a marketing analyst who is excited by channel management to join Thread and help us find new customers who’ll love our service. You’ll work within our acquisition team, focused on paid social strategy and be testing both established and cutting-edge ways of converting lots of new, high quality customers for Thread in GB and the US. You will report directly into our Acquisition lead, Sam Vinden and also work on a daily basis with our Head of Growth, Tom May as well as our Head of Brand, Alex Allcott. All three have helped in building and growing some of the biggest brands in the world.
You’ll lead our US and GB Facebook strategy and execution, continuously running tests and finding new ways to grow spend and improve efficiency. You’ll also be leading our creative process to ensure we’re getting enough volume and quality to keep our ads running at the highest performance continually. Working closely with the brand and creative team to raise the bar of our ad visuals and copy will be essential to getting the most out of Facebook.
This is a hands-on role that requires daily performance analysis, monitoring and optimisation to ensure that goals are met. You’ll need to have a good understanding of performance analytics and easily be able to manipulate data to build insights.
We’re currently operating remote-first as a team but even pre-lockdown had flexibility around working location and timings. Once things return to normal we will be working as a team, office-first for at least two days per week as a team but most of us are planning to be in 3-4 days per week.
- Planning, executing on and evolving our Facebook marketing activity. You’ll be leading the channel for GB and US.
- Reporting, analysis and updating the team about performance, learnings and insights.
- Analysis projects, working with our BI team on typical performance marketing problems (attribution, forecasting etc.)
- Leading a creative process that incorporates our brand, styling and design teams ensuring we build high performing, disruptive creative on a regular basis.
- Owning the testing roadmap for Facebook - improving campaign performance through relentless testing of creative and campaign/adset strategy.
- Exploring alpha/beta advertising opportunities, cutting edge marketing strategies and the newest creative trends to find new ways to acquire customers for a leading consumer web and mobile app startup
Are you the one? You are if you:
- Are an expert on paid social, understanding how to get the best out of a channel's performance and enjoy innovating to stay ahead of competitors.
- Enjoy getting deep with data and doing analysis that will lead to insights that can put us ahead of the competition.
- Are excited to work closely with brand and creative teams to create the most grabbing ads in the industry.
- Get excited by optimisation through learning. You are comfortable and happiest planning, setting up and running tests to build insights and improve performance.
- Have a broad interest and passion for online marketing. You know things never stay the same, so you’re always learning about what’s next and what’s driving that change.
- You were born an explorer: independent, self-starting, and enjoy pushing your own boundaries
- Knowing SQL is a bonus, but also something we can teach you!
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
- The chance to break new ground and develop cutting-edge techniques for acquiring new customers online
- Learn from some of the best people in the industry by working directly with our exceptional team: Kieran O’Neill (CEO) has built two products that scaled to millions of users; Ed Snelson (Head of Data Science) worked on some of the hardest machine learning challenges at Bing; Tom May (Head of Product & Growth) led growth at Songkick; Alexandra Allcott (Head of Brand) helped built some of the world’s biggest brands at Wieden+Kennedy; Terry Betts (Head of Business Development) ran the £500m menswear business at Selfridges and co-founded Mr. Porter; etc
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Regular company socials. In the past this has included fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling, and weekly yoga classes. We’ve recently had a zoom magic show and teams have started to meet at the park in small groups when rules allow!
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child