Menswear Edit Building Stylist
At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store. A store where everything suits you, fits you and works with what you already own. Over 3 million people (and counting!) use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop!
We are looking for someone to join our highly talented Styling team as a Menswear Edit building Styling. The chief role of the Edit Building Stylist is to help create fresh and engaging outfit ideas for our millions of users across the UK and US. These outfit ideas are recommended to our users each week in their Ideas Feed - which is a key feature of Thread. You’ll have a perfectionist's eye for detail and feel passionate about helping people to develop their personal taste. The combination of style-led AI and personal styling excites you and you will be feel amazing from delivering incredible personal styling!
This is a part-time position, working 20 hours per week, where you’ll join our growing team of enthusiastic stylists, dedicated to shaping the future of clothing. The role is remote, however, you are very welcome to join us at our Aldgate office whenever you like.
What you'll be doing?
- Playing a key role within a team, growing and developing the pool of edits, primarily menswear, to provide inspiring and relevant recommendations to our users.
- Following workflows as directed to enable the growth and development of the Edit pool and Collection library.
- Collaborating with the Ideas stylists to deliver edit goals.
- Becoming an expert in the end-to-end edit building process that ensures quality edits are produced and maintained efficiently.
- Interpreting the outfit within the reference image and identifying the most effective way to build the outfit using products available on Thread.
- Striving for a strong representation of the outfit within the reference images, yet use styling expertise to ensure they are inspiring and appealing to our users.
- Providing useful style advice that is positive and empowering and that will inform the overall edit copy.
- Coming equipped with technical garment expertise.
- Having a deep understanding of clothes’ attributes and what they mean when styling.
Does this sound like you?
- Impeccable taste with an instinctive eye for what ‘quality’ means
- Extensive fashion and styling experience
- Broad knowledge of the fashion industry and talks with authority about menswear
- Strong awareness of the relationship between fit, cuts and body shapes
- Strong awareness of clothes’ technical details. Comes equipped with technical garment knowledge
- Must have a vast knowledge of brands within the industry, their associated aesthetics, trends and popular culture
- Experience working with various customer profiles, aesthetics or styles
- Ability to think creatively and commercially in equal measure
- Ability to work at speed with precision and without compromising quality
- Incredibly organised and reliable, you should be able to successfully manage your own workflow efficiently
- Ability to adapt to regular updates and changes, and respond productively to feedback
- Proactive and keen to show initiative/ideas
- Complete ease with computer software and learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits at Thread
- Gain first-hand experience at a fast-growing fashion and technology startup
- Develop even stronger menswear knowledge through having access to our inventory of tens of thousands of brands
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality work-based cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck. Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment, with lots of freedom with ways of working
- A fantastic hourly rate and a monthly benefits package
- Employee discount