Creative Marketing Intern (Paid)
Thread is looking for a Creative Marketing Intern to work full-time at our offices in London. You'll be developing advertising concepts, writing great copy and sourcing killer images with the goal of showing men how Thread can make their lives better.
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect clothes for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place.
Our office is based in Whitechapel, London where you'd be working full time for 2-3+ months during our 10-6 office hours. We're open to all sorts of backgrounds - from undergrads through more experienced creatives. We don't require that you've this before, we can teach you the specifics if you match the requirements below.
We're looking for someone to tell the story of Thread to our potential customers. The ideal candidate will be able to develop novel, creative and persuasive ads that take full advantage of the various formats and channels we have available. As one of the first points of contact with Thread you can have a noticeable impact on the company's success.
This is a job that requires artistry, empathy and grit.
It will be occasionally difficult and often frustrating. Most ads are failures.
But the ones that work are seen by millions.
Your core responsibilities:
- Develop advertising concepts from scratch
- Collaborate with our Styling, Content and Product teams to help us understand our users
- Source and create imagery which will represent Thread in advertising
- Write copy which effectively persuades people who've never heard of us to give us a try
- Manage a small budget to learn to test and develop the best ads into winners which drive our business
The ideal person:
- Is willing to get into the detail of marketing channels to think of innovative ways to communicate our message
- Can write in a range of styles, learning from Thread's experience in direct response, modern brand agency methods and channel specific best practices
- Is determined to keep going. Persistence is key
- Has some experience with the creative tools of the trade: photoshop, photography and especially video skills are a huge advantage
- Can work fast producing creative content under time pressure
- A strong and careful sense of craft
- Takes constructive feedback well. Is happy to speak up and provide this for others
- Experience life in a fast growing startup
- We've been slowly hand-picking an all-star team, so you'll get to work with incredibly high calibre colleagues across a wide range of disciplines such as styling, fashion buying and design
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for technology startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches four times a week, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, monthly company social events
- A competitive salary
If this sounds exciting and you’d like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Thread.