We’re looking for a great writer to help us provide amazing style advice to our users.
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine-learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place.
Making it easy to dress well requires helpful, concise, user-first content that demystifies style and answers regular guys’ burning questions about what to wear. Our goal is to offer advice—be it gifs, bite-size tips or long-form articles—that’s more inclusive than your average fashion writing and makes Thread every guy’s go-to for all things style. At Thread, content isn’t incidental. It deeply affects the business’ sales and customer retention—along with where the company is going next.
We’re looking for a great writer to craft the perfect content to help guys dress well without the hassle. You’ll be writing content for the blog and innovative content-meets-commerce product features, crafting email campaigns that get guys excited about dressing well, and generating tweets and Facebook posts that underscore and even elevate Thread’s brand.
This role will report to our Brand and Content Manager, and will be based in our Whitechapel headquarters.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with a year or two of experience who’s keen to develop as a content producer and strategist
- A great writer who creates concise and compelling website copy and longer-form prose that people want to read
- Natural empathy for everyday guys who want to dress well but aren’t into fashion
- A portfolio that proves your writing chops and insatiable curiosity. From the stories you’ve written, it’s clear you can ask the right questions to get to an understanding of how and why things work
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core member of a high-profile startup
- We've been slowly hand-picking an all-star team, so you'll get to work with incredibly high calibre colleagues across a wide range of disciplines such as styling, fashion buying, data science and marketing
- The chance to not only become a better writer but learn about how to develop a content strategy in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skillset
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for technology startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Catered lunch, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, monthly social events, unlimited vacation time
- Being part of a company where you will get to help set and shape the company culture in a big way
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
If this sounds exciting and you’d like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Thread.