We’re looking for a Communications Designer to help us transform how we communicate with our customers and create the foundations for a future superbrand.
Thread is an ambitious, well-funded fashion technology startup based in London that’s looking to reinvent retail.
We’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place. Most guys want to look good but don’t particularly enjoy shopping, so we believe if we get this right we can create the new default for how hundreds of millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place. We believe we can create the world’s best and biggest menswear retailer for 25-50 year olds.
To make this happen, Thread needs to navigate a huge, noisy market, packed with hundreds of brands vying for attention. We need to develop a completely distinctive voice in the market, using all the tools available to us- copy, graphics, photography, motion, sound and beyond. We’ll need to maximize the impact of our paid marketing across TV, out of home, and digital channels, but also develop smart and creative ways to tell our story with our customers, with partners and beyond.
We’re looking for a Communications Designer, our first full-time creative role focussed on communications. Responsibilities will include producing and managing the production of marketing assets across all of our marketing channels (Facebook, Twitter, out of home, TV, etc). You’ll also be involved in our strategic creative development, how we express our brand, how we build out a creative development team (internally and with partners), and how we create a seamless creative world from our advertising all the way through to the user experience of the service.
This is a unique opportunity to enter a business at the start of its journey, and to help shape the creative direction. It will suit an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in marrying high level strategy with tactical execution. You’ll be encouraged to find and develop new models to help us deliver a steady stream of creative right across the channel mix, while making the whole worth more than the sum of its parts.
This role will be based in our Aldgate headquarters and will report into our Head of Brand.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Creating a pipeline of content to feed our heavy-lifting digital channels (Facebook, YouTube, etc), especially using video
- Getting hands on with the production of assets for paid media, email, social channels, etc - including video editing
- Developing quarterly campaign themes with our Head of Brand, which will flow down through all of our marketing channels
- Making our brand distinctive, ensuring that copy, images and video build an irresistible, immediately identifiable impression of Thread
Are you the one? You are, if you:
- Enjoy getting deep into production
- Committed to creating truly distinctive brands
- Willing to challenge other people’s thinking to create new ways to communicate our mission
- Believe that brands should have a social mission beyond just making money
- Excited by the prospect of creating a brand new voice in the multi-billion dollar creative swirl of the menswear market
- Obsess over details, and go out of your way to put the final touch on your projects
- Are a strong communicator, and are equally effective face-to-face or in writing
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set. You’ll be working with a world-class marketing team, with experience from Spotify, Made.com, Wieden + Kennedy and beyond
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Free team lunches four times a week, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, monthly company trips to fun things like comedy shows, choose your own work equipment, unlimited vacation time
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you’re working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
If this sounds exciting and you’d like to discuss some more, please apply below.