We’re hiring an Interim part time Head of People to help us build one of the most exciting startup teams in the world.
At Thread, we’ve set out to rethink the shopping experience from the ground up, helping people feel happier and more self-confident in the process. Using a combination of expert stylists and machine learning algorithms, we bring people a small, highly personalised selection of the perfect clothes just for them – in their size, budget and taste. By doing so we simplify the shopping process, help people to feel more comfortable in their own skin, and allow them to go out into the world with a spring in their step.
People at Thread is a core strategy for enabling the company to succeed. We believe the quality of our people directly correlates with our ability to win. We attract great people through investing in a world-class Talent function, and retain them by building an innovative, inclusive, values-driven culture that makes Thread an amazing place to work. One of our ambitions is to be world-class at Talent and Culture compared to companies of similar scale. We’re proud of what we’ve built so far, but as we enter the next phase of the company’s growth, we need a strategic Head of People who can expertly help us take on new challenges and opportunities, like scaling effective management, designing the right organisational structures and operating internationally.
We’re looking for an Interim and part-time (2-3 days a week) Head of People to work alongside our CEO, Executive Team and leaders across the business to help us develop and grow our talented, high performing team. Our Head of People will own our People strategy, our talent plan and our People Operations. It’ll be this person's job to help us make Thread an amazing place to work with the right resources and capabilities to hit our company goals.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Help Thread thrive by consistently hitting its objectives through always having the right people at Thread in the right roles at the right time
- Make Thread one of the most effective recruiting organisations in the world
- Ensure that the company’s mission, goals and values are clearly articulated, and understood by everyone in the business. Emphasise their criticality through the design and execution of our core cultural systems and routines
- Foster a superior values-driven culture that allows us to recruit and retain stars
- Represent the People function in the leadership team, and help coach that team to excellence
- Be a trusted advisor to all people managers at Thread
- Be a great leader and people manager
- Run an expert HR operation with strong fundamentals and processes, for example the employee lifecycle
Are you the one? You are, if you
- Have previously worked in-house in People leadership roles at a technology company
- Are a great communicator. You love to talk to people, and you put a lot of care into your outbound touch points
- Great track record in hiring top talent (ideally hands-on and as a team leader)
- You have proven expertise of both People operations and Talent
- Solid people management experience, having line managed a team and led a People function before
- Has experience working well with a business leadership team an developing a company culture
- High growth experience, having experienced the journey from a scale similar to our current one to one beyond ours (e.g. low to mid 100s of people)
- Nice-to-have: Experience with setting up new offices and building remote teams
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- You’ll get the chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skillset
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- We’re looking for people who want to help shape the broader company and culture. Being part of the Thread team is an interactive experience – we all help to evolve the culture. We don’t want passengers.
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- A competitive salary