At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store.
Over 1 million people and counting use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop.
With a laser focus on Thread’s growth in 2022 and beyond, we are hiring an Assistant Buyer to join our incredible Commercial team. In this brand new role you will play a key part in helping grow our excellent Menswear and Womenswear range, from high street to premium brands, to help millions of customers dress and feel better. Our Womenswear stocked business is currently in its infancy, with huge potential, and as Assistant Buyer you will be key to unlocking it’s success.
Joining a Commercial team of 8 as our Assistant Buyer, you will be hands-on with the drive and passion to work in a high growth start-up. There’s a $10bn+ opportunity globally to build the Spotify of retail, and we’re leading the way!
Build great relationships with new and existing partners
- Be competent with written and verbal communication with brands
- Acting as our brand ambassador, you will be comfortable and confident explaining Thread to our partners
Efficient order management
- You will be responsible for getting orders out on time, completing buy sheets for different partners with ease
- You will be maintaining our order system e.g. cancellations, price changes and updating changes.
- Efficient data entry skills, writing up orders and completing all required information to ensure smooth, fast uploads/tracking orders into the business
- You will be managing the setup of all new brands, onboarding them on our system and making sure they are clear on delivery compliance.
- You will be supporting our Commercial Operations Manager, James, with delivery management and getting stock live efficiently
- Support the Merchandising team with placing replenishment orders on B2B
- You will be buying core only brands & manage range reviews alongside our Buyers. As Assistant Buyer we would love this to progress to full ownership of your own area
- You will be analysing sales reports and identify commercial opportunities
What are we looking for?
- As Assistant Buyer we are looking for strong fashion buying experience
- You will ideally have multi-brand experience, but we are open to monobrand
- Experience of working in the eCommerce industry
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- You will be a confident presenter and able to engage with varying levels of stakeholders at Brands
- You will be hands on, personable and love taking on new challenges
- You have strong admin experience with an appetite for process improvement
Benefits at Thread
- Gain first-hand experience at a fast-growing fashion and technology startup
- Develop experience and understanding of how fashion is evolving online
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality work-based cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck. Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment, with lots of autonomy and independence
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you’re working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
- Employee discount
- Catered team lunches
- Bespoke benefits platform