We're looking for a full-time Commercial Coordinator to help us build a world-class commercial function.
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place. Most guys want to look good but don't particularly enjoy shopping, so we believe if we get this right we can create the new default for how hundreds of millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
Thread is an exciting, early-stage, fast-growing start-up - we've raised £25M in financing from some of the world's top investors, including the co-founders of DeepMind, the CEO of Net-a-Porter, the former Design Director of IDEO, the founder of Lovefilm, and many others. Over 1.2 million men have already used Thread and we’re growing quickly. Our long-term goal is to grow that to 100 million people worldwide. We believe we can create the world’s best and biggest menswear retailer for 25-50 year olds.
Recommending the perfect clothes for every customer requires a huge, high quality range. We offer over 40,000 items (and growing) from over 400 brands. To manage this, Thread needs a laser-focussed Commercial team with the best planning and processes in the industry. We’re looking for someone task-oriented with excellent organisational skills, who is excited about working across different teams (including Business Development, Buying, Merchandising, Operations) and who is passionate about planning and improving processes. From working closely with the buying team to ensure items are live on-site speedily and accurately, to building data decks for our brand partners, this role will cover all aspects of the commercial process.
This role will be based in our Aldgate headquarters and report to our Buying Manager.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Buying Sheet management: Inputting accurate, correctly sized showroom orders into our buying sheets
- Managing the end-to-end journey for new items through regular communication with brands: from ensuring all item information is correct in order sheets to confirming buys.
- Helping to build commercial processes to make us even more efficient
- Building data decks for our brand partners with sales and customer insights
- Supporting the Operations team to ensure the presentation of brands on Thread is first-class, from photographic images to item description.
Are you the one? You are, if you:
- Obsess over details, get the value of the small stuff, and go out of your way to put the final touch on your projects
- Are a strong communicator, and are equally effective face-to-face or in writing
- Are extremely reliable and take the initiative — you deal with things before being asked because you love making things better
- Are warm and friendly, and naturally prefer working in team environments
- Get a kick from creating the best offer possible for customers
- Enjoy working with brands sharing results and ideas with them to shape their own ranges
- Always strive to make your work and your environment better than it was before
- Like staying organised and multi-tasking, and approach your work with speed and efficiency
- Would like to build your career in the commercial space
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set. You will get to learn from some of London’s best buyers, including Terry Betts (previously ran Selfridges and was part of the founding team at Mr Porter), Grace Baker (former Head of Global Development at Whistles) and Lizzie James (former Buying Manager for Paul Smith)
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches four times a week, as well as fruit and snacks. We also have drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, as well as regular company trips to fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling and weekly yoga classes
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)