We’re looking for our new Head of Growth Marketing to scale Thread across the world.
At Thread, we’ve set out to rethink the shopping experience from the ground up, helping people feel happier and more self-confident in the process. Using a combination of expert stylists and machine learning algorithms, we bring people a small, highly personalised selection of the perfect clothes just for them – in their size, budget and taste. By doing so we simplify the shopping process, help people to feel more comfortable in their own skin, and allow them to go out into the world with a spring in their step. It also removes the need to spend Saturday afternoons frustrated by busy high street stores, or spend ages browsing the overwhelming number of options available online. We believe having an intelligent assistant in your pocket is how the majority of people will shop in the future, and we’re looking for a talented Head of Growth Marketing who wants to help millions of people discover its value.
We’re looking for a smart, analytical growth marketing leader to help scale Thread across the world. You’ll lead the function, report directly to the CEO, be one of the top leaders in the business and a member of the leadership team, and contribute significantly to company-wide strategy. Their priority will be to build a world-class, incrementality-focused marketing machine, scale Thread across the UK and US, launch us across the rest of world, and rapidly grow our exciting, new womenswear service. It’s a rare, career-defining opportunity to help build a global consumer brand from the beginning.
We’re looking for someone with a strong background in performance marketing who now thinks holistically about how to scale the business and build a brand. They should be familiar with a wide range of channels, have led teams before, are comfortable getting hands-on with data, and think in cohorts, incrementality, A/B testing, and Life Time Value / Customer Acquisition Costs.
We’re after someone who wants to build long-term growth systems rather than short-term growth hacks, believes that the best marketing is done in cross-functional teams with Creative, Product, Engineering, Data Science, and values the crucial role that creative and brand play in long-term success.
This is both a strategic and hands-on role: you’ll need to be in the weeds supporting channel managers, directing the work of analysts, talking to customers directly, doing some analyses yourself, giving feedback on Product Growth projects, and directly managing multiple projects. We’re looking for a startuppy do-er who’s able to balance these different levels. We don’t want a hands-off senior manager who is no longer close to channels or analysing data.
What You'll Be Doing
- Building long-term, repeatable growth systems that scale Thread to millions of active customers worldwide
- Being on the cutting-edge of what’s possible with all the main and emerging acquisition channels, online and offline
- Recruiting, leading and managing a team of world class growth marketers
- Driving a deep understanding of our customers across Thread
- Ensuring we have a best-in-class marketing analytics set up
- Building tight partnerships with Creative, Product, Engineering/Data Science and Finance to enable strong collaboration
- Being one of the key leaders of the business through this exciting growth phase
- Helping us further strengthen our values-driven culture
What We're Looking For From You
- extensive in analytical/performance marketing. Ideally across both paid search and paid social.
- Experience leading a function and managing/coaching/developing teams.
- Deep understanding of Life Time Value /Customer Acquisition Cost thinking, cohorts, segmentation and incrementality.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and comfort with large datasets. You’ll need to do some SQL in the job, so while we don’t require they know SQL already, you’ll need to be able to learn this quickly when in the job.