We’re looking for a world-class Business Development Manager for a period of 6-9 months as maternity cover. This role will help us deliver our mission of helping millions of people discover an easier way to get great clothes and feel confident about the way they dress.
Thread is an ambitious, well-funded fashion technology startup based in London that's looking to reinvent retail.
We’re part of a new generation of retailers, helping customers who are overwhelmed by near-infinite choice get the clothes that are perfect for them. We combine human stylists, powerful machine learning algorithms and a world class product range to create amazing recommendations, and have developed a full e-commerce platform for an end-to-end shopping experience. Our ambition is to become the clothes button on your phone (Thread = clothes, Spotify = music, Uber = taxi), changing how millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team and immediately start working on our most important range challenges: How do you build the best range for our users? How do you sign the best brands in the world? How do you use data to identify the biggest range opportunities? How do we build even better relationships with our incredible, existing brand partners?
Thread has partnerships with hundreds of brands and multi-brand retailers, from the biggest high street names to global luxury brands and retailers. Our Business Development team manages these individual relationships to ensure we’re an excellent partner for these brands, which includes analysing sales data with our Merchandising team to understand range availability, newness and margin opportunities. It’s critical that we work closely with our partners to understand what they need, syncing with their goals to ensure a truly collaborative partnership.
We’re also laser-focused on signing new brands so we can continually improve our overall range for our customers by adding the best items to our range. We have deep pipelines of prospective partners we want to work with in order the make Thread the ultimate one-stop shop. You’ll have the skillset to close deals with some of the biggest brands in the world, possess strong drive and thrive on hustling.
This role will be based in our Aldgate office, which has lots of natural light, plants, a relaxed Studio area for coworking with music, and an outdoor terrace for barbecues and working outside when it’s sunny.
- Building and owning commercial relationships
- Building and managing prospective partner pipelines
- Negotiating commercial terms
- Relationship management with key existing brand partner
Are you the one? You are if you have:
- Strong sales experience; you’re world-class at selling ideas and concepts
- Experience of business development and partner/account management
- Great organisational skills
- Experience of hustling and closing large commercial deals
- Strong communication skills; you’re able to communicate complex ideas with ease and explain why Thread is amazing to potential brand partners
- A strong interest in how digital technology is changing the fashion industry, in particular in retail
- The chance to shape the future of retail
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field by being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches four times a week, as well as fruit and snacks. We also have drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, as well as regular company trips to fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling and weekly yoga classes
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance