We are searching for a talented and eager Accounts Assistant to join our growing finance team at Thread!
Thread is an ambitious fashion tech startup based in London that's looking to reinvent retail through a combination of machine learning and human stylists, providing each of our users with a personalised store and ideas tailored to their size, style and budget. Most people want to look good but don't particularly enjoy shopping, so we believe if we get this right we can create the new default for how hundreds of millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
We are looking for a motivated Accounts Assistant to join our finance team! Reporting into the Financial Controller, this person will be the FC’s partner in making sure our finance function is running smoothly and that we are reporting accurate numbers to the business.
Your main responsibility will be to own the Accounts Payable function, so you’ll need to be accurate, thorough, dependable, and able to deliver consistently against reporting deadlines. You’ll also be proactive in your role, communicating updates on progress/issues, and looking for solutions to problems and ways to improve the function as a whole.
- Own Accounts Payable – ensuring all invoices are coded and posted in an accurate and timely manner and preparing weekly payment runs
- Maintain AP inboxes and be the primary contact for any finance related supplier queries and queries about payments within the business
- Regular reconciliation of bank and credit card transactions ensuring accuracy of coding and following up on any issues
- Assist with, and contribute to weekly and month end reporting tasks
- Work with the Commercial and Operations teams to reconcile major supplier accounts, stock balances and to ensure credits for returned stock (RTVs) are proactively chased and received
- Help identify opportunities where current process can be enhanced to ensure the finance function is operating efficiently and effectively
- Other administrative tasks as required
Are you the one? You are if you:
- Have up to two years in an Accounts Payable (or similar) role or are a recent accounting graduate
- Are eager to build a career in finance, and perhaps have an interest in studying towards an accounting qualification e.g. AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Have great time management skills, and are able to prioritise work and proactively communicate any challenges or issues
- Are comfortable using/learning Excel, G-Suite, Xero, Receipt Bank
- Are able to work in a changing environment whilst still ensuring a high level of accuracy in your work and deadlines being adhered to
- Learn from some of the best people in the industry by working directly with our exceptional team: Kieran O’Neill (CEO) has built two products that scaled to millions of users; Ed Snelson (Head of Data Science) worked on some of the hardest machine learning challenges at Bing; Tom May (Head of Product & Growth) led growth at Songkick; Alexandra Allcott (Head of Brand) helped built some of the world’s biggest brands at Wieden+Kennedy; Terry Betts (Head of Business Development) ran the £500m menswear business at Selfridges and co-founded Mr. Porter; etc.
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Regular company socials. In the past this has included fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling, and weekly yoga classes. We’ve recently had a zoom magic show and teams have started to meet at the park in small groups!
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)