We’re looking for a world-class, modern, analytical Marketing Director to scale Thread globally. Could that be you?
Thread is an ambitious, well-funded fashion technology startup based in London. We make it easy to dress well by recommending the perfect clothes for you. Thread takes into account your appearance, style preferences and existing wardrobe, and uses it to give you a feed of new ideas for what to wear, a personalised store where everything suits you, and allows you to chat directly with a stylist. On the backend we're a marketplace with the largest menswear range of any retailer in the US or UK.
Now that machine learning exists we believe the concept of a generic multi-brand store no longer makes sense. Our vision is to give each person in the world their own store—where everything suits them, fits them, and goes with what they already own. We believe there’s a $10bn+ opportunity to build the DeepMind of retail, and we’re leading the way. Beyond that, we’re helping people to feel happier and more comfortable in their own skin. It’s pretty powerful to read stories of how we’ve helped people recover from a divorce, be more confident at work, or just feel better about who they see in the mirror.
We’re looking for smart, analytical marketing leader to help scale Thread globally. They’ll lead performance and brand marketing, report directly to the CEO, be one of the top leaders in the business and a member of the exec team, co-author company-wide strategy, and help run the business day-to-day.
Their priority will be to build a world-class, incrementality-focused marketing machine, scale Thread across the UK and US, launch us into 10 other countries, and launch womenswear. It’s a rare, career-defining opportunity to help build a global consumer brand from the beginning.
We’re looking for someone with a deep background in performance marketing who now thinks holistically about how to scale the business and build a brand. They should be comfortable getting hands-on with data, and be familiar with thinking in cohorts, incrementality, A/B testing, and LTV/CAC. We’re after someone who wants to build long-term growth systems rather than short-term growth hacks, and values the crucial role that creative and brand play in long-term success. We believe in cross-functional, deeply integrated marketing and product teams (previously our founders built two consumer Internet companies to millions of customers and successful acquisition through product-driven viral loops), so they'll build teams with engineers and data scientists directly embedded.
Once the world is back to normal again you’ll be based in our brand new Aldgate office, which has lots of natural light, plants, a relaxed Studio area for coworking with music, and an outdoor terrace for barbecues and working outside when it’s sunny.
- Set the strategy to build long-term growth systems that grow Thread to millions of active customers
- Lead the performance and brand teams to help them achieve more than they thought was possible
- Lead forecasting and target setting, then deliver results
- Build a well-oiled Performance Marketing machine
- Drive a deep understanding of our customers across Thread
- Build tight partnerships with Data Science, Finance and Product Growth to drive strong collaboration
- Create an environment to do stand-out creative work and ensure all actions ladder up to a compelling brand
- Help us further strengthen our values-driven culture
Are you the one? You are if you:
- Experience leading either an overall marketing function, or a performance/growth marketing function 10+ years experience in analytical/performance marketing, ideally with depth in at at least one of paid social or paid search
- Deep understanding of LTV/CAC thinking, cohorts, segmentation and incrementality
- Strong analytical abilities. Advanced spreadsheet skills and comfort with large datasets
- Solid understanding and belief in the importance and role of brand in long-term business success
- Experience managing, coaching and developing teams
- SQL skills or the appetite and ability to pick it up quickly
- Be part of reinventing one of the largest industries in the world, and build a new global consumer brand from the beginning (life is about collecting stories, and this will be a good one)
- Design the dream marketing team—from how it operates, the tools it uses, the KPIs it priorities, who’s on the team, and how everyone treats each other
- Work with, teach, and learn from some of the most talented people in the technology industry. Everyone has been carefully hand-picked to be world-class leaders in their field
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that is working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our Culture Deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches four times a week, as well as fruit and snacks. We also have drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, as well as regular company trips to fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling and weekly yoga classes
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)