We’re looking for a world-class Head of Performance Marketing who wants to reinvent fashion retail, and help millions of people to dress well and feel more confident.
Thread is an ambitious, well-funded fashion technology startup based in London. We’re part of a new generation of retailers, helping customers overwhelmed by near-infinite choice to get the clothes that are perfect for them. We combine human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to create amazing recommendations, and have developed a full e-commerce platform for an end-to-end shopping experience. Our ambition is to become the clothes button on your phone (Thread = clothes, Spotify = music, Uber = taxi), changing how millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
We’re looking for a highly analytical, versatile, creative, results-driven Head of Performance Marketing to join our team and help us find new users who will love Thread.
They should be ambitious, have deep expertise, and be committed to the craft of cutting-edge performance marketing. Our team already uses machine learning models, LTV-based optimisation and other tools usually found in larger businesses. We’re looking for someone who can take our performance marketing machine to the next level, building systems that deliver long-term growth for the business. You’ll work as part of a world class marketing team, with talent from Made.com, Spotify, Wieden + Kennedy and beyond.
You’ll be based in our brand new Aldgate office, which has lots of natural light, plants, a relaxed Studio area for co-working with music, and an outdoor terrace for barbecues and working outside when it’s sunny.
- Deliver aggressive targets through performance marketing, to drive Thread’s continued growth
- Continuously identity new opportunities for Thread to grow through testing, new channel identification, relationships with existing networks, and more
- Build a world class performance marketing capability, operating and optimising the entire process
- Grow, coach and lead a team of ambitious, talented marketers
- Ensure predictable, disciplined growth by developing strong forecasting processes and tools
- Own the long-term, end-to-end plan for global Performance Marketing at Thread, including resourcing, budgets, forecasts, etc
Are you the one? You are if you:
- Have 7-10 years of experience driving growth via acquisition marketing channels, including paid social, SEM, SEO, and other channels in B2C digital growth companies
- Have worked with international markets, and offline channel experience is strongly preferred
- Bring hands-on experience with metrics and concepts beyond simple CPA models (e.g. Lifetime Value, incremental orders, CRM)
- Are highly analytical. Have advanced spreadsheet skills and comfort with large datasets. Mid-level SQL skills required
- Understand the role and importance of creative in delivering success in performance channels
- Have an understanding of the importance of brand, and its role in the long-term success of the business
- Have experience coaching and developing team members, as well as hiring to develop new capabilities
- See your ideas become reality and truly transform how Thread works
- The chance to setup systems and processes from scratch
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches four times a week, as well as fruit and snacks. We also have drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, as well as regular company trips to fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling and weekly yoga classes
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)