At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store.
Over 1 million people and counting use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop.
There’s a $10bn+ opportunity globally to build the Spotify of retail, and we’re leading the way.
With a laser focus on Thread’s growth in 2022 and beyond, we need to recruit a WW BD/Buying Manager whose primary responsibilities will be to sign and onboard a world class list of brand partners, help manage the experience of existing partners and own growing our WW stocked business, which is currently in its infancy with huge potential.
We’ll be looking for an experienced Buyer or Business Development manager with an appetite for deal-making and high credibility with womenswear fashion brand partners. Our ideal candidate will have drive, hustle and strong sales or buying experience. They also need a strong network of Womenswear brands who they can activate straight away, negotiating marketplace partners, stocking brands or a hybrid of both.
Build great relationships with brand partners
- Maintain and strengthen existing relationships as well as managing target pipelines
- Negotiating improvements in supplier terms and performance for existing marketplace partners
- Improving partner sales and maximising retention with current partner base
Identify and develop new brand partners
- You will be relentless in your pursuit of getting the right range for Thread, including high street and luxury. You will thrive on managing multiple meetings per day, confidently pitching and switching between different partners with ease.
- You will be personable and commercial in order to identify and secure new opportunities. You’ll teach brand partners about Thread, acting as a brand ambassador.
Grow stocked range
- Work closely with Merchandising and Data Science to identify best-sellers on the marketplace, negotiating with partners to bring these items on a higher margin
- You’ll be sourcing new brands, trading stock weekly and placing multiple seasonal and core buys. You’ll own the details of each brand partner’s range plan, driving opportunities, developing exclusives, and understanding forecasting to make sure the partners’ stock offer grows in line with Thread’s growth.
- You’ll need a great network and strong negotiation skills
- React at speed to sales trends, identifying immediate opportunities, finding the right items and getting the deals done to get items live in Thread
What are we looking for?
- You will be strong womenswear fashion buying experience
- Ideally you will have multi-brand buying experience, although we are open to monobrand
- You will be an expert at handling commercial negotiations
- You will have strong presentation skills, able to engage with varying levels of stakeholder
- Great communication skills
- A keen interest in fashion, keeping up to date with trends and industry news both in the high street and luxury marketplace
- You will have great existing brand relationships
- Experience of working in the eCommerce industry