At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store.
A store where everything suits you, fits you and works with what you already own. A store that gives you confidence in the choices you are making, inspires you to step out of your comfort zone and helps you feel your best every time they get dressed.
Over 1 million people and counting use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop. There’s a $10bn+ opportunity globally to build the Spotify of retail, and we’re leading the way.
The most common reason people join Thread is for ideas and inspiration for what to wear. When we present them with ideas and inspiration that are perfectly personalised to them and easily shoppable, the result is users who love Thread and become valuable, loyal customers.
We are hiring for a Strategy & Operations Lead, Personalised Styling, which is a brand new exciting role key to our growth. Your main focus will be on powering the style recommendations at the heart of the Thread product that are its most prominent and unique feature.
You’ll do this by creating and implementing a strategy for the database of personalisable outfit and other style ideas needed to offer top-quality, perfectly personalised, shoppable style recommendations to men and women in the UK and internationally, year round. The role will report into our Chief Commercial Officer, Rachel Sheridan.
You will be the line manager for all personalised styling activity (currently ideas, item metadata and 1:1 stylist messaging), working as part of the wider styling function and working closely with the product and commercial teams.
What you'll be doing
- Your core responsibilities will include:
Own the creation and continual iteration of a strategy and plan for the database of thousands of style ideas
- Create a detailed, insight-driven view of what’s required from this database to give all our users great personalised ideas
- Create a roadmap prioritising the most impactful improvements
- Create reporting on the database which can be used to set goals for improvement and measure their achievement
With the ideas stylists, own the production of thousands of new ideas and maintenance of existing ones
- Create regular imagery briefs for the creative team
- Ensure high quality standards for ideas across imagery, styling, included items from our range and copy
- Create and implement a plan for the efficient and effective upkeep of the database of existing ideas
Evolve the way we create ideas to improve style recommendations, improve efficiency and respond to the needs of Thread as we scale
- Prioritise, plan and execute initiatives with cross-functional teams and working closely with the product team
- Respond to the needs of existing and new customers (e.g. as we enter new international markets)
Lead and manage the personalised styling function. This role will have 2 direct reports and lead an extensive wider team comprising in-house, freelance and offshore teams.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a highly analytical role
- Great at problem solving using quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strategic and operational in equal measure
- A capable manager - of in-house, external and cross-functional teams, of processes and of projects
- Customer and user experience driven thinker who understands digital products
- Interest in and knowledge of style and clothing
- Driven, innovative thinker excited by a genuinely unique challenge