At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store.
Over 1 million people and counting use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop.
We’re a clothing recommendation service and we are looking to expand our highly talented team of menswear stylists. Our mission is to unlock happiness and confidence in people by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and sophisticated machine learning algorithms to recommend the perfect items for each of our users. Currently, our styling team is made up of experienced personal and editorial stylists, many of whom are prominent names in the fashion industry.
This is a permanent part-time role with a minimum of 6 hours per week. This key position is dedicated to providing our menswear users with a world-class the best personal styling experience. You will be to answering client messages from menswear users; responding with excellent written communication, using your styling expertise to support with hand-picked clothing recommendations, from a choice of thousands of brands. Additional womenswear experience is also highly desirable.
Key responsibilities are:
- Represent Thread as one of our talented team of menswear stylists
- Manage your own Thread client book and be the face of Thread for those users
- Respond to client messages efficiently and eloquently
- Based on the clients’ requests and preferences, create outfits and clothing recommendations that work perfectly for them
- Make adjustments to client profiles, proactively noting styling feedback where necessary
Are you the one? You are if you have:
- Impeccable taste with an instinctive eye for what “quality” means
- Extensive menswear fashion and personal styling experience. Womenswear experience is highly desirable.
- Extensive brand and trend awareness, and an understanding of fashion design
- Strong awareness of the relationship between fit, cuts, body shapes, body/fit concerns
- Can demonstrate empathy and emotional intelligence when communicating with clients
- Excellent communication and writing skills. The right candidate will be able to structure messages clearly and in a manner that befits and delivers a premium service
- A perfectionist approach to spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to work at speed but with precision and not compromising the quality of the user experience
- Incredibly organised and reliable. Ability to successfully manage your own workflow
- Ability to adapt to regular updates and changes to tooling and processes, and responds productively to feedback
- Gain first-hand experience at a fast-growing fashion and technology startup
- Develop experience and understanding of how fashion is evolving online
- Employee discount
- Benefits platform tailored to you
- Develop even stronger menswear knowledge through having access to our inventory of thousands of brands
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality work-based cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck. Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment, with lots of autonomy and independence
This is a part-time position, working hours will typically be scheduled in 2-4 hour shifts, Monday-Sunday. You will be required to work some evenings and weekends. We’re looking for talented stylists who are excited to help develop a world-class personal styling experience and who can initially commit to a minimum of 6 hours weekly. After an online training session with Thread stylists, you will continue to work remotely/from home.
If this sounds exciting to you and you’d like to discuss further, apply now! We can’t wait to hear from you!