Thread is looking to expand its highly talented team of Freelance stylists. Your role will be key in supporting our in-house team of stylists, and essential in giving the best customer experience possible.
We’re a clothing recommendation service for Men. Our mission is to unlock happiness and confidence in Men by making it easy to dress well. We do this by using a combination of human stylists and sophisticated machine learning algorithms to recommend the perfect items for each of our customers. We do this in a number of ways - current and relevant outfits ideas on the Ideas Feed and personal recommendations and advice via messages.
Currently, our freelance team is made up of experienced personal and editorial stylists, many of whom are prominent names in the fashion industry. Part of your role will be to answer client messages from our customers; this involves excellent written communication that you’ll support with hand-pick recommendations from a choice of thousands of brands. Another key area of responsibility will be to build outfits; they’ll be used to help populate the Ideas Feed with fresh and exciting content. Each outfit will be personalised to each individual customer with the help from our algorithm.
Key responsibilities are:
- Represent Thread as one of our talented team of Freelance Stylists
- Answer client messages from our customers efficiently and eloquently
- Within client messages, create outfits and clothing recommendations for clients based on their preferences
- Make adjustments to client profiles, noting styling feedback where necessary
- Make outfits that are considered and relevant, enabling the Ideas Feed to stay exciting and fresh
Are you the one? You are if you have:
- Extensive experience working with a USA customer base
- Excellent writing skills. The right candidate will be able to structure messages clearly and in a manner that delivers a premium service
- Can demonstrate empathy and emotional intelligence when communicating with clients
- A perfectionist approach to spelling, grammar and punctuationImpeccable taste with an instinctive eye for what ‘quality’ means
- Ability to work at speed but with precision and not compromising the quality of the message or outfit
- Excellent menswear knowledge, including brand awareness, trend awareness, and an understanding of fashion design
- Strong awareness of the relationship between fit, cuts and body shapes
- Incredibly organised and reliable.
- Ability to successfully manage own workflow
- Ability to adapt to regular updates and changes, and respond productively to feedback
- Available for 6 months
- Gain first-hand experience at a fast-growing fashion and technology startup
- Develop experience and understanding of how fashion is evolving online
- Develop even stronger menswear knowledge from our inventory of thousands of brands
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world.
- Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck. Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment, with lots of autonomy and independence.
- Free lunch together as a team four times a week, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, and monthly company trips to fun things like comedy shows
This is a full-time freelance position, working hours will be Monday - Friday. After a training session with the Thread Stylists, you would be required to work from our office in London.
If this sounds exciting to you and you’d like to discuss further, please submit an up-to-date CV, two examples of submitted articles which include fashion content, and a link to your online portfolio (a PDF version is also fine). Your portfolio should include evidence of Menswear styling and your USA experience.