We’re looking for an exceptional performance marketer to join our acquisition team and focus on growth as we look to scale up globally.
Thread is an ambitious fashion tech startup based in London that's looking to reinvent retail through a combination of machine learning and human stylists, providing each of our users with a personalised store and ideas tailored to their size, style and budget. Most people want to look good but don't particularly enjoy shopping, so we believe if we get this right we can create the new default for how hundreds of millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
We are looking for a dynamic Performance Marketer to join our world class acquisition team. Reporting to the Performance Marketing Lead, you’ll be working on both established and cutting-edge ways of accelerating our growth by acquiring new, high quality customers in GB and the US who love our service.
You’ll be passionate about e-commerce marketing and excited about having the freedom to explore new groundbreaking marketing strategies. Planning and executing on paid marketing strategies across a range of online channels beyond Facebook and Google will be a core part of your role, so being dynamic and adaptable to different channels is important. The hands on role requires daily performance monitoring and optimisation to ensure that goals are met. As such, you will be fluent with creative best practice on channels you own as well as being an analytical thinker who can easily identify changes to key metrics and what’s causing them.
We’re currently operating remote-first as a team. Our Aldgate office will reopen in September for those who want to work from there, but no one is required to work from the office at this point. The safety and wellbeing of our team is our number one priority!
- Plan, execute on and evolve our paid marketing mix by managing established channels and testing new ones across GB and the US
- Relentlessly test and optimise the channels you own to understand and improve performance on them quickly and effectively
- Reporting, analysis and updating the team about performance, learnings and insights
- Exploring alpha/beta advertising opportunities, cutting edge marketing strategies and the newest creative trends to find new ways to acquire customers for a leading consumer web and mobile app startup
Are you the one? You are if you:
- Passionate about performance marketing and curious about new strategies and channels to build a digitally engaged audience
- Love of all things data. Strong analytical capabilities and a Google Sheet or Excel user are a must
- Get excited by optimisation through learning. You are comfortable and happiest planning, setting up and running tests to build insights and improve performance
- Have a broad interest and passion for online marketing. You know things never stay the same, so you’re always learning about what’s next and what’s driving that change
- Were born an explorer: independent, self-starting, and enjoy pushing your own boundaries
- SQL skills are a plus but not a requirement. It’ll be something you’ll need to pick up quickly if you haven’t had experience with SQL yet, but we can help with that
- The chance to break new ground and develop cutting-edge techniques for acquiring new customers online
- Learn from some of the best people in the industry by working directly with our exceptional team: Kieran O’Neill (CEO) has built two products that scaled to millions of users; Ed Snelson (Head of Data Science) worked on some of the hardest machine learning challenges at Bing; Tom May (Head of Product & Growth) led growth at Songkick; Alexandra Allcott (Head of Brand) helped built some of the world’s biggest brands at Wieden+Kennedy; Terry Betts (Head of Business Development) ran the £500m menswear business at Selfridges and co-founded Mr. Porter; etc
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Regular company socials. In the past this has included fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling, and weekly yoga classes. We’ve recently had a zoom magic show!
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)