We’re looking for an exceptional creative marketer to join our paid social team as we look to scale up globally.
Thread is an ambitious fashion tech startup based in London that's looking to reinvent retail through a combination of machine learning and human stylists, providing each of our users with a personalised store and ideas tailored to their size, style and budget. Most people want to look good but don't particularly enjoy shopping, so we believe if we get this right we can create the new default for how hundreds of millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
We are looking for a creative Paid Social marketer to join Thread and help us find new customers who’ll love our service. You’ll work within our acquisition team, focused on paid social strategy and be testing both established and cutting-edge ways of converting lots of new, high quality customers for Thread in GB and the US. You will report directly into our Marketing lead and work with a world-class creative team.
You’ll lead our US and GB Facebook strategy and execution, continuously running tests and finding new ways to grow spend and improve efficiency. You’ll also be leading our creative process to ensure we’re getting enough volume and quality to keep our ads running at the highest performance continually. Working closely with the brand and creative team to raise the bar of our ad visuals and copy will be essential to getting the most out of Facebook and an area you should demonstrate strong skills and knowledge.
This is a hands-on role that requires daily performance monitoring and optimisation to ensure that goals are met. You’ll need to have a good understanding of performance analytics and easily be able to identify and interpret changes to key metrics.
We’re currently operating remote-first as a team. Our Aldgate office will reopen in September for those who want to work from there, but no one is required to work from the office at this point. The safety and wellbeing of our team is our number one priority!
- Planning, executing on and evolving our Facebook marketing activity. You’ll be leading the channel for GB and US
- Leading a creative process that incorporates our brand, styling and design teams ensuring we build high performing, disruptive creative on a regular basis
- Owning the testing roadmap for Facebook - improving campaign performance through relentless testing of creative and campaign/adset strategy
- Reporting, analysis and updating the team about performance, learnings and insights
- Exploring alpha/beta advertising opportunities, cutting edge marketing strategies and the newest creative trends to find new ways to acquire customers for a leading consumer web and mobile app startup
Are you the one? You are if you:
- Are an expert on paid social, understanding how to get the best out of a channel's performance and enjoy innovating to stay ahead of competitors
- Love working closely with brand and creative teams to create marketing that grabs attention and stands out in the feed
- Get excited by optimisation through learning. You are comfortable and happiest planning, setting up and running tests to build insights and improve performance
- Have a broad interest and passion for online marketing. You know things never stay the same, so you’re always learning about what’s next and what’s driving that change
- Were born an explorer: independent, self-starting, and enjoy pushing your own boundaries
- The chance to break new ground and develop cutting-edge techniques for acquiring new customers online
- Learn from some of the best people in the industry by working directly with our exceptional team: Kieran O’Neill (CEO) has built two products that scaled to millions of users; Ed Snelson (Head of Data Science) worked on some of the hardest machine learning challenges at Bing; Tom May (Head of Product & Growth) led growth at Songkick; Alexandra Allcott (Head of Brand) helped built some of the world’s biggest brands at Wieden+Kennedy; Terry Betts (Head of Business Development) ran the £500m menswear business at Selfridges and co-founded Mr. Porter; etc
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Regular company socials. In the past this has included fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling, and weekly yoga classes. We’ve recently had a zoom magic show!
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)