We’re looking for a talented growth and product person who wants to help millions of people feel confident about the way they dress.
At Thread, we’ve set out to rethink the shopping experience from the ground up, helping people feel happier and more self-confident in the process. Using a combination of expert stylists and machine learning algorithms, we bring people a small, highly personalised selection of the perfect clothes just for them – in their size, budget and taste. By doing so we simplify the shopping process, help people to feel more comfortable in their own skin, and allow them to go out into the world with a spring in their step. It also removes the need to spend Saturday afternoons frustrated by busy high street stores, or spend ages browsing the overwhelming number of options available online. We believe having an intelligent assistant in your pocket is how the majority of people will shop in the future, and we’re looking for a talented Growth Product Manager who wants to help millions of people discover its value.
We’re focusing on building a long-term, global brand that becomes the “clothes” button on peoples’ phones, similar to how Spotify, Netflix, or Uber are for music, TV, and taxis. To succeed, we need to build a sustainable growth engine that will enable us to scale to millions of people worldwide. This doesn’t mean just chasing vanity metrics or wasting time on quick hacks to individual steps in the funnel. Instead, we aim to optimise our acquisition channels and product flows as part of a single system. This means thinking of growth holistically, as sitting at the seam between marketing and product. We’re looking for a talented Growth Product Manager to join the team and immediately take ownership of our biggest growth challenges.
In this role, you’ll lead an autonomous, cross-functional Product team, collaborating extensively with members of our Product Design, Engineering, and Data Science teams. You’ll also often work closely with our Marketing team, as often the biggest growth wins come from joining up what we’re doing on the channel and the product.
Our office is open for those who wish to work from there, but we are continuing to operate remote-first as a team. We have a policy that no one has to return to the office this year if they don’t feel comfortable in doing so. The safety and wellbeing of our team is our number one priority. Long-term, we see this role being based in our Aldgate office, which has lots of natural light, plants, and a relaxed Studio area for coworking.
Your role will include:
- Setting clear OKRs and metrics for your team, and be accountable for achieving them
- Prioritising the work of your team, accounting for the cost, impact, and risk of different opportunities and projects
- Ensuring everyone has extreme clarity on their team’s progress and plans going forward
- Driving quantitative insights – defining metrics, running basic analyses, gathering insight from A/B testing, and collaborating with analysts to define and answer more complex analytical questions
- Driving qualitative insights – talk to users regularly to understand what’s working, what’s not, and help shape our thinking
- Running your team’s process, optimising for clarity, impact, and sustainable throughput
- Defining the scope of projects and ensure continual clarity on the spec
- Helping evolve our processes for how we approach product development and make sure we have the tools we need to maximise efficiency and impact
- Collaborating with stakeholders from around the business on solving problems for their teams and gathering useful insight into the pod’s plans and projects
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- Have prior experience as a Product Manager or as a data-focussed member of a growth or marketing team
- Have great growth instincts. You’ve got a flair for identifying how to build out and optimise high-powered, sustainable growth systems
- Have strong analytical skills. You’re comfortable talking cohorts, segments, and funnels. You can run basic analyses yourself and collaborate effectively with analysts on more challenging analytical problems
- Value making hard prioritisation decisions and maximising the efficiency of the people around you
- Can inspire your team. You strive for clarity on the “why” behind every project and collaborate with your team to solve problems, rather that just apportioning tasks
- You’re comfortable communicating a clear, compelling vision for your team’s destination
- Are empathetic, able to balance multiple points of views and have effortless conversations with all functions across the company
- Are incredibly organised; a master of email, task lists and bug tracking systems
- Love taking ownership of hard problems and are motivated by driving outcomes
- Have an appreciation for good design. You don’t need to be a designer, but you should share our aesthetic and know great design when you see it
- Have ideally worked on consumer-facing products before
- Opportunity to become recognised as one of the leaders in your field through playing a key role in the future growth of a high-profile startup
- Learn from some of the best product people in the industry by working directly with our exceptional team: Kieran O’Neill (CEO) has built two products that scaled to millions of users; Ed Snelson (Head of Data Science) worked on some of the hardest machine learning challenges at Bing; Tom May (Head of Product & Growth) led growth at Songkick; Alexandra Allcott (Head of Brand) helped build some of the world’s biggest brands at Wieden+Kennedy; Terry Betts (Head of Business Development) ran the £500m menswear business at Selfridges and co-founded Mr. Porter; etc.
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck.
- Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment with lots of autonomy and independence
- We’re looking for people who want to help shape the broader company and culture. Being part of the Thread team is an interactive experience – we all help to evolve the culture. We don’t want passengers
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you’re working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)