We’re hiring an ambitious Talent Manager to help us build one of the most exciting startup teams in the world.
At Thread, we’ve set out to rethink the shopping experience from the ground up, helping people feel happier and more self-confident in the process. Using a combination of expert stylists and machine learning algorithms, we bring people a small, highly personalised selection of the perfect clothes just for them – in their size, budget and taste. By doing so we simplify the shopping process, help people to feel more comfortable in their own skin, and allow them to go out into the world with a spring in their step.
Given our extraordinary ambitions, it’s essential that we build an amazing team who can help us get there. At Thread, we understand and value the effort required to do this. We believe in researching excellence and having a thorough understanding of the market for any role we recruit for. We don’t just sift through inbound applications; we actively seek out those who we believe to be exceptional at what they do, and make hiring decisions based on our understanding of the market as a whole. Though it’s time intensive, it allows us to build what we believe to be one of the most talented teams in the country.
We’re looking for a Talent Manager to work closely with leaders across the business on building talented, high performing teams. Your core focus will be to build pipelines for our open roles, allowing us to hire more amazing people faster. We are looking for someone versatile, creative and driven, who is able to find candidates for any team within Thread from Software Engineering to Styling and will understand that building a great team is about long-term effort and relationships.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Proactively sourcing some of the most exciting candidates in the world. You will map the market, research leads, and send compelling outreach emails
- Having initial calls and coffees with our most exciting prospects, and getting them excited about Thread
- Staying at the forefront of new sourcing strategies and toolsAttending meetings with hiring managers to understand the role and the hiring spec, and brainstorm sourcing strategies
- Tracking pipeline activity and keeping our ATS up-to-date
- Seeking out communities that could help us diversify our pipelines and find new opportunities for sponsoring and speaking at events
- Placing job ads on external job boards and monitoring application quality
- Filtering inbound applications from all sources
- Scheduling interviews and assisting with ad hoc recruiting and HR projects
Are you the one? You are, if you:
- Have 2-3 years of experience, ideally in-house at a technology company
- Are a great communicator. You love to talk to people, and you put a lot of care into your outbound touch points
- Love the hunt. You get a rush of adrenaline when you find a list of coding competition winners or a well-hidden email address
- Have a learning mindset. You believe there are always new sourcing strategies to try, and are excited to develop your recruiting skill set
- Are organised and methodical. Your research is streamlined and all your interactions are documented
- Care deeply about providing a wonderful candidate experience
- Are warm, authentic and trustworthy
- The opportunity to work with and learn from incredibly high calibre hiring managers and become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- You’ll get to The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skillset
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- We’re looking for people who want to help shape the broader company and culture. Being part of the Thread team is an interactive experience – we all help to evolve the culture. We don’t want passengers.
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)