At Thread, we’ve set out to rethink the shopping experience from the ground up, helping people feel happier and more self-confident in the process. Using a combination of expert stylists and machine learning algorithms, we bring people a small, highly personalised selection of the perfect clothes just for them—in their size, budget and taste. By doing so we simplify the shopping process, help people to feel more comfortable in their own skin, and allow them to go out into the world with a spring in their step. It also removes the need to spend Saturday afternoons frustrated by busy high street stores, or spend ages browsing the overwhelming number of options available online.
After initially taking part in Y Combinator, we've raised £30M in financing from some of the world's top investors, including Balderton, Beringea, H&M, the co-founders of DeepMind, the former CEO of Net-a-Porter, the former Design Director of IDEO, the founder of Lovefilm, and many others. We’re up to 1 million customers and growing quickly. Our long-term goal is to grow that to more than 100 million people worldwide.
As Thread scales within the UK and internationally, it is becoming an ever-increasing challenge to understand and manage the quality and cost of service we provide to our customers through our 3PL (third party logistics), in addition to setting up new processes in a different country, the US.
We are looking for an analytical and results-driven Operations Manager to own the fulfilment of orders to Thread customers and ensure we provide an amazing post order experience. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for managing the processes at our third party managed warehouse (3PL) and our carriers.
You will undertake projects and process changes from design to implementation in our 3PLs and ensure these processes are adhered to on a daily basis to help us improve as we scale. You will think strategically about what the right structure for Thread internationally is, and together with the returns and goods receipt functions, set us up for success. Without this person we’d struggle to scale as a business and our performance would drop over time.
- Working within the operational teams on our operating model for the UK and internationally
- Understanding and changing our processes to increase customer satisfaction and reduce cost
- Scoping technical changes to our systems
- Managing the performance and cost of our fulfilment centres
- Managing our carriers and shipping strategy
- Setting and achieving long term operational goals, constantly improving Thread’s fulfilment
Are you the one? You are, if you:
- Are a problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Can set strategic goals and drive a team to achieve them
- Are structured with your work and prioritise ruthlessly
- Want to work in a dynamic team
- Can communicate with various levels of an organisation with ease
- Are keen to take on the challenge of managing operations in a growing and fast-paced environment
- See your ideas become reality and truly transform how Thread works
- The chance to setup systems and processes from scratch
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches four times a week, as well as fruit and snacks. We also have drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, as well as regular company trips to fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling and weekly yoga classes
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)