Womenswear Messaging Assistant (Freelance)
Thread is looking to expand its highly talented team of womenswear stylists. A freelance, yet key position dedicated to providing our womenswear users with a world-class the best personal styling experience.
We’re a clothing recommendation service. Our mission is to unlock happiness and confidence in people by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and sophisticated machine learning algorithms to recommend the perfect items for each of our users.
Currently, our freelance team is made up of experienced personal and editorial stylists, many of whom are prominent names in the fashion industry. Their role and yours will be to answer client messages from womenswear users; this involves responding with excellent written communication, using your styling expertise to support with hand-picked clothing recommendations, from a choice of thousands of brands.
Key responsibilities are:
- Represent Thread as one of our talented team of womenswear Freelance Stylists
- Manage your own Thread client book and be the face of Thread for those users
- Respond to client messages efficiently and eloquently
- Based on the clients’ requests and preferences, create outfits and clothing recommendations that work perfectly for them
- Make adjustments to client profiles, proactively noting styling feedback where necessary
Are you the one? You are if you have:
- Impeccable taste with an instinctive eye for what ‘quality’ means
- Extensive womenswear fashion and personal styling experience
- Extensive brand and trend awareness, and an understanding of fashion design
- Strong awareness of the relationship between fit, cuts, body shapes, body/fit concerns
- Can demonstrate empathy and emotional intelligence when communicating with clients
- Excellent communication and written skills. The right candidate will be able to structure messages clearly and in a manner that befits and delivers a premium service
- A perfectionist approach to spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to work at speed but with precision and not compromising the quality of the user experience
- Incredibly organised and reliable. Ability to successfully manage your own workflow
- Ability to adapt to regular updates and changes to tooling and processes, and responds productively to feedback
- Available for 1 year or more
- You will be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Minimum of 6 hours per week
This is a part-time freelance position, working hours will typically be scheduled in 2-4 hour shifts, Monday-Sunday. We’re looking for talented stylists who are excited to help develop a world-class personal styling experience and who can initially commit to a minimum of 6 hours weekly. After an online training session with Thread Stylists’, you will continue to work remotely/from home.
- Gain first-hand experience at a fast-growing fashion and technology startup
- Develop experience and understanding of how fashion is evolving online
- Develop even stronger womenswear knowledge through having access to our inventory of thousands of brands
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality work-based cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck. Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment, with lots of autonomy and independence
- This salary for this role is £13 per hour
If this sounds exciting to you and you’d like to discuss further, apply now! We can’t wait to hear from you!