Thread is looking to expand its highly talented team of personal stylists. We’re a clothing recommendation service. Our mission is to unlock happiness and confidence in people by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and sophisticated machine learning algorithms to recommend the perfect items for each of our users.
We are looking for a Personal Stylist to join the team. This is a flexible part-time, yet key position dedicated to providing our menswear users with a world-class the best personal styling experience. Additional womenswear experience is also highly desirable.
Currently, our styling team is made up of experienced personal and editorial stylists, many of whom are prominent names in the fashion industry. Their role and yours will be to answer client messages from menswear users; this involves responding with excellent written communication, using your styling expertise to support with hand-picked clothing recommendations, from a choice of thousands of brands.
This is a part-time position, working hours will typically be scheduled in 3-4 hour shifts, Monday-Sunday. You will be required to work some evenings and weekends. We’re looking for talented stylists who are flexible and excited to help develop a world-class personal styling experience and who can initially commit to a minimum of 10-20 hours weekly. After an online training session with Thread stylists, you will continue to work remotely/from home. This role pays £13 per hour.
Key responsibilities are:
- Represent Thread as one of our talented team of menswear personal stylists
- Manage your own Thread client book and be the face of Thread for those users
- Respond to client messages efficiently and eloquently
- Based on the clients’ requests and preferences, create outfits and clothing recommendations that work perfectly for them
- Make adjustments to client profiles, proactively noting styling feedback where necessary
Are you the one? You are if you have:
- Impeccable taste with an instinctive eye for what “quality” means
- Extensive menswear fashion and personal styling experience. Womenswear experience is highly desirable.
- Extensive brand and trend awareness, and an understanding of fashion design
- Strong awareness of the relationship between fit, cuts, body shapes, body/fit concerns
- Can demonstrate empathy and emotional intelligence when communicating with clients
- Excellent communication and writing skills. The right candidate will be able to structure messages clearly and in a manner that befits and delivers a premium service
- A perfectionist approach to spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to work at speed but with precision and not compromising the quality of the user experience
- Incredibly organised and reliable. Ability to successfully manage your own workflow
- Ability to adapt to regular updates and changes to tooling and processes, and responds productively to feedback
- Available for 1 year or more
Why choose us?
- Opportunity to become recognised as one of the leaders in your field through playing a key role in the future growth of a high-profile startup
- Be part of a values-led team that is working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck.
- Informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment with lots of autonomy and independence
- We’re looking for people who want to help shape the broader company and culture. Being part of the Thread team is an interactive experience – we all help to evolve the culture.
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you’re working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
- Staff discount
- Flexible benefits platform where you can choose your own perks!