How you can try now, pay later with Klarna
We want you to be happy with everything you buy from Thread, and the best way to figure out if something suits you, or fits, is to try it on at home. That used to mean paying for stuff you weren’t sure about, then waiting for a refund if you wanted to return it. But with Klarna, you can test things at home, then only pay for the items you want to keep.
How does try now, pay later work?
- You pick the stuff you want to try on at home, and add it to your basket. You can choose as many items as you’d like, so you can experiment to find which colour or fit is best.
- Head to checkout and fill out your details. On the payment screen, select ““Pay in 30 Days”” as the payment option. Klarna will perform a soft credit check to check your eligibility, but don’t worry, it won’t show up on your credit file or affect your credit score.
- We’ll send you your clothes, and you can try them on, see how they look, and ask your mates or other half how they look. What you like, you keep. Anything you don’t, you simply send back to us for free.
- We’ll process your return and Klarna will send you an invoice for everything you’ve kept. That way, you only ever pay for the things that you actually love.
- What happens if I’m not eligible for try now, pay later?
- You can still pay normally by selecting “Pay Now” from the payment options. Your card will be charged, and we’ll send you your order. Anything you don’t love, you can still return to us for a refund, for free.
- Is there a limit to how much I can order?
- Nope. You can select as many items in as many variations as you like.
- How long do I have to return things before I’m charged?
- Buy now, pay later has the same returns period as our other orders: 100 days from the date it arrives with you, however, Klarna will charge you in 30 days for anything you've kept. If you return items after you've paid Klarna, we'll update the balance so they can refund you.
- Why am I not eligible?
- Klarna assesses every payment based on your personal credit history and the size of your order. We have no influence on whether you’re accepted, but it may help if you lower the total value of your order.
- Does try now, pay later cost anything?
- The service itself is free, i.e. products do not cost more if you choose to pay with Klarna - however if you fail to pay for your order in full by the due date, Klarna may charge you a late fee of up to £8, followed by another £8 fee every 2 weeks after that.
- Will try now, pay later affect my credit score?
Klarna performs a soft credit check, which doesn't affect your credit
score. Soft credit checks also don't show on your credit report when
other lenders run checks.
If you fail to pay for your order by the due date, this can affect your credit score.
- Do I have to set up an account?
- Nope. To use try now, pay later, just pick the option when you check out. We’ll do the rest.